Dreams

Saturday, September 17, 2005

From the post below, I conclude that my blog is not just mere ranting, look at the range of topics in just one post! It is about food, soccer, politics, societal issues and fun, and sometimes gossip. Of course I don't comment on politics/societal/economic issues all the time but at least it shows I'm thinking. So read my wisdom. (Even some bits from the soccer section are worth considering)

Hmm... I should stop eating mooncakes! But there's nothing in the house to eat, my sister just cooked pizza and I realised that she isn't sharing any with me. How dare she.

Have you tried this champagne truffle mooncake? I'm not sure which hotel it's from but it's absolutely sinful. Duh, since it's champagne truffle! I had it once last year and only got a wee mini mini piece this year but I'm dying to taste it again. Oh no, tomorrow's lantern festival, so I only have one more day to find it and buy it right? Do do think the hotels still sell their mooncakes about a week after lantern festival? After a week then I go and look for it. I can still remember the taste. Drop me a tag if anyone knows what I'm talking about and where to get them. :)

Enough about mooncakes.

Charlton 0-2 Chelsea. Whoohoo. 18 points. 6 wins. 6 clean sheets. May it continue.

"In my vocabulary the words are: work, be professional, do your best, work with quality, commitment and enthusiasm and respect. That is what I promise."
-Mourinho, on obligation to entertain not being in his footballing vocabulary.

I should think that this should apply in everything a person does. It should be my motto for 2005. It's a good motto.

Anyway, just to comment about some concerns.
1) We have good players, but do we have good men? In terms of the fact that not everyone will have a starting place in the squad considering how for a certain position there may be more than a few competing? Internal disunity will rock the boat. So, if we have good men, of good character to accept if they do not have a spot but will continue to work hard to earn their place in the starting 11, then we will be alright.

2) So far, we have won all 6 of the games. So clearly the opening match against Wigan is NOT how Chelsea is going to play for the rest of the season. They'll be better, and more hungry to win again. Mourinho is right, at the end of the day, a win's a win. It may not be fair (in the case of Wigan) but it is still 3 points. Having said that, I'm proud of Chelsea' performance but like any other fan, am hungry for them to show off their dazzling display of talent.

Tomorrow's Liverpool-Man U match should be an exciting one. No guesses on what I hope the outcome to be. A tie. =)

Enough about soccer.

Let's talk about the sediation act. They're going to revise it. What PM Lee said is worth considering- not just worth considering but worth applauding. I understand about freedom of speech but when you live in a multi-racial country like Singapore (I know: cliche) you have to make sure that the peace is kept. A single remark could spark off something entirely threatening to our very existence as a nation state. And again, political matters. So I shalln't say too much about it.

(But just in case someone actually accuses me of sediation, let me tell you now. I love Singapore. :P)


Comments: Post a Comment
* about.

christine. st nicks. vjc. 04a53. 13 aug. guides. chelsea. i like good things in life, just like how i appreciate the people who care about me. pardon any words that you may find offensive, i do not mean to offend.

Lazing around


Listening:Home-Michael Buble
Feeling:Tired
Doing:Watching Chelsea Review DVD
Wanting:25th Nov 2005 to come *

* blog links.


Basilia
Benita
Cheryl O
Cheryl Q
Chun Jia
Eileen
Fariza
Hui Yi
Hwee Min
Kat
Lucas
Nat
Nette
Peggy
Ren Hui
Sam
Samantha Lim
Sharon
SNGG
Tze Qi
Yue Yiao
YY's new blog
04a53 web
04a53 blog

My Walk with God
Chelsea FC
Football Photos
TB/X Fics
Guestbook 2

Wishlist


-Playstation 2
-Anything to do with Chelsea!!
-Armani sunglasses
-Guns and Roses "Greatest Hits"
-L'Arc'En'Ciel "Dune"
-Maksim "The Piano Player"
-Maksim "Variations Part I & II"
-Velvet Revolver "Contraband"
-The Lion King 1, 1 1/2, 2 VCD
-Katherine Ramsland "The Vampire Companion"
-Anne Rice "The Tale of the Body Thief"
-Anne Rice "Blood Canticle"
-Swarovski star shaped christmas ornament
-Calvin Klein Eternity Moment
-New drumsticks
-Clavinova

blog archieve

11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007

* thx to

- blogger
- blogskins.com
- serendipityq.com


- Cheryl aka Pwure